Tagline

The Studio of Eric Valosin

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

That Mural's Done! ...Again! ...I think...

As August rolls around, I've had an extremely busy summer.  Between trips to the Catskills and New Hampshire, TONS of reading, research, events, and projects for school (subject of my next, far more interesting post), and, minor detail, having a BABY, I've still been plugging away at Trader Joe's on this infernal mural (see past posts).

I THINK it's finally finished:
- 8 panels
- totaling nearly 90 feet long by 1.5 feet high
- somewhere around 30 landmarks
- somewhere around 10 foamboard character illustrations
- interstitial designs that were made and then lost (and forgotten about)
- 3 section banners





Here are some detail shots from the newest panel:






On top of that, I've recently been working on another related project (I told you it wasn't done) that I've been enjoying quite a bit.  To go with the Westfield landmarks, they wanted some pen & ink drawings of old-school Westfield to hang in the hallway outside the bathrooms.  So I returned to my recurrent haunt under the train station to pilfer some black and white photos to use as reference material, and here's the result.

This is the first one I did, with some detail shots to follow.  All done on 11x17 paper with Micron pen




This is the second one that I've begun working on:


It's been fun to be able to just lose myself in a technical drawing.  Something I don't have the opportunity to do very often anymore!  I'll do between 2 and 5 others, and I'll make sure to post them when I finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment