Tagline

The Studio of Eric Valosin

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Apophatic Projection

More optics experiments - today I achieved visual negation!  Starting with a yellow square painted on the wall, I then projected a violet square on top of it (which looks blue in the video).  The resulting color mixture yields a gray-green (which looks positively pea green in the video.  slightly less so in real life, though still not as gray as I'd like... stupid color calibrations).  I then matched that optical color with the color to be projected as a background. 

The result: the yellow square disappears into the background.  Check it out!


After an excellent studio visit with projection mapping guru John Ensor Parker, I'm psyched to continue exploring these projection possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment