Tagline

The Studio of Eric Valosin

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Upcoming Events at the Intersection of Art and Faith!

Sunday, Thursday, Saturday...

My recent endeavors coming to fruition


"As Above, So Below," 2014
TRINITY UNITED CHURCH
118 King George Rd, Warren, NJ


3 EVENTS NEXT WEEK:
As Artist of the Month at TUC, the church commissioned me to create an interactive, site specific, new media installation. With this I will be leading 3 exciting events this coming week. You can follow the links below to their respective Facebook Events pages, but more importantly come on out and join me for one or all of them!
  1. Artist Talk and Reception
    This Sunday 7/20, Immediately following 10:30 am service (c. 11:30 am)
    I will be speaking about my installation and other work on display, as well as the evolution of my practice in light of the themes of art and faith. All are welcome to join me for the service prior to the talk as well. There will be food and drink (church folks are good about that...)

  2. Discussion Forum on Contemporary Issues of Art and Faith
    Next Thursday 7/24, 7-9 pm
    I will be leading a presentation and space for open discussion about the role of art in a spiritual context, and strategies for its effective use within religious institutions.

  3. Contemplative Service
    Next Saturday 7/26, 6-7 pm
    I will be facilitating a service of guided and free Contemplation/Meditation aided by my artwork. We will borrow from traditional mystical strategies as well as contemporary phenomenological thought to open ourselves to a new experience of the divine.





 

I hope you can make it out for these events (each at the church address provided above). They are all FREE and open to the public.

* I promise an intriguing set of events regardless of your spiritual leanings, but for my more theologically inquisitive friends, Trinity United Church is an Open and Affirming/More Light congregation (supportive of the LGBTQ community) that combines the Presbyterian and United Church of Christ denominations. It is known for its radical hospitality, inclusivity, and its history of supporting the arts. Every week they welcome guests by saying, "no matter who you are or where you are in life's journey, you are welcome here!"
And so you are.


Continue on to the final post on this project here

No comments:

Post a Comment