Tagline

The Studio of Eric Valosin

Friday, November 4, 2011

The art of (b)Logos

Logos:  The wonderful greek word from which we derive our notion of logic; Our philosophical quandaries, hopeful wisdom, and cosmic explanations, all filtered through speech; through words.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God."  "In the beginning was the Logos." Logos inherently speaks of creation.  With a word God created the universe.  In a fit of radical connectivity, "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Logos. In a fit of slightly less radical connectivity, we blog.  Blogos.

It seems fitting to couch my artistic thoughts, philosophies, and logic; my participation in the transcendent act of creating; my words, in such a term as this.  I hope you enjoy as I share the ridiculous complexities (or, perhaps equally as often, the idiotic simplicities) of my thoughts, begun during my Master of Fine Arts degree, and now continued beyond.

Here you'll find behind-the-scenes looks at works in progress, side projects, concepts and thoughts I'm working through, vignettes of my life as an artist, and, inevitably, a slew of highly irrelevant and mediocrely entertaining blather as I slowly move further and further out of touch with the original purpose of this blog.

Welcome to my (b)Logos!

No comments:

Post a Comment